On the banks of the Sarapiqui River, in the tenth and largest canton of Heredia Province, is located the most complete and particular exhibition of the traditional products of the rainforest.
At Finca Ecoorganica Sarapiqui we will take a journey through the history of traditional products that gave origin and support to communities and small families that migrated from the Central Valley, in the brave struggle to improve their quality of life. In our tour we will have the opportunity to increase our knowledge, of a great variety of crops that are part of the Costa Rican cuisine, and that currently transcends our borders, even to other continents.
Some of there are:
• Cocoa tunnel (chocolate making process)
• Coffee (drying and processes)
• Pepper plantation (black and white pepper processes)
• Sugarcane (Tour del Dulce in the Trapiche Don Chico)
• Artisan liquor factory (“Saca de güaro” or “Chirrite”)
• Solar drying oven.
• Passion fruit
• Palm of Heart
• Varieties of Yucca
• Aloe vera (Sabila)
• Varieties of banana
• Vegetables (in organic crops nursery garden)
It should be noted that all the crops and products of the Finca Ecoorganica Sarapiqui are 100% organic, ecological and with friendly practices with the environment. We wait for you …
- Entrance Fee to Finca Ecoorganica Sarapiqui
- Organic Tour (includes all the mentioned list above)
- Entrance to Sarapiqui River
- Testing of some traditional crops
- Walk on the trails of the place.
- Observation of some birds and animals such as: Toucans
- Visit to the domestic animal sector in Costa Rica: Horses, Pigs, Chicken, Cows, Sheep, Goats, Rabits…
- Tour guide (spanish-english), with full explanation of the traditional crops and their respective process.
- Beautiful views of Sarapiqui River from a balcony.
- Comfortable shoes
- Poncho- Umbrella
- Extra cloth
We have two schedules for you, please choose the best one…